Information we Collect
Every computer connected to the Internet is given a domain name and a set of numbers, that serve as that computer’s “Internet Protocol” IP address. When a visitor requests a page from any Web page within VistaRez, our Web servers automatically recognize that visitor’s domain name and IP address. The domain name and IP address reveal nothing personal about you other than the IP address from which you have accessed our site. We use this information to examine our traffic in aggregate, and to investigate misuse of VistaRez, its users, or to Sign up for our VistaRez Travel Rewards
Rewards Program Instant rewards from the moment you sign on.
See also “Disclosure to Third Parties” below. We do not collect and evaluate this information for specific individuals. Our Web servers do not automatically record email addresses of the visitors.
VistaRez may offer access to services that require registration. In that event, your registration and/or contact information may be used to send notification to you of VistaRez products and services by email and/or postal mail. We also may share that information with our clients. Our clients may send you promotional material that is related to the topic of the service for which you registered.
Tracking Technologies, Cookies and “Web Beacons” Security
Wherever your Personal Information may be held within VistaRez or on its behalf, we intend to take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the Personal Information that you share with us from unauthorized access or disclosure.
VistaRez partners may use a shopping cart feature that safeguards your Personal Information by using industry standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encrypted software. SSL software encodes data transferred between you and the server. VistaRez is not responsible for any Personal Information you disclose to third-party affiliates that do not use SSL software or do not offer a secure way to transfer information.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Disclosure to Third Parties
VistaRez will disclose Personal Information and/or an IP address when required by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Cooperate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities and conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on VistaRez,
- Protect and defend the rights or property of VistaRez of sites and related properties, or visitors to VistaRez of sites and related properties,
- Identify persons who may be violating the law, the VistaRez legal notice and Web site User Agreement, the rights of third parties, or otherwise misusing VistaRez or its related properties,
- Fulfill a user’s order or request.
VistaRez uses reasonable precautions to keep the information disclosed to us secure. VistaRez reserves the right to transfer all such information in connection with the sale of all or part of VistaRez’ss capital stock or assets. Furthermore, we are not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive the information. We are not responsible for such third-party privacy policies or how they treat information about their users.
Information we do not collect
When you visit our site, we do not collect your name, email address or any other Personal Information unless you provide it to us.
As an added benefit to the visitors of VistaRez, we offer a free, email subscription to individuals who request to receive updates and/or announcements. Personal or identifiable information will not be used by VistaRez for any purposes other than to deliver these updates and/or announcements. You may cancel your free subscription benefit at any time by removing your email address from our subscription list. To remove your email address, send an email to info@VistaRez.com and type “REMOVE” in the subject line, or follow the instructions on any email you receive.
VistaRez and other pages on the VistaRez.com Web site include links to third party Web sites. These sites are governed by their own privacy statements, and VistaRez is not responsible for their operations, including but not limited to their information practices. Users submitting information to or through third-party Web sites should review the privacy statement of those sites before providing them with Personal Information.
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose Personal Information online (e.g., through email, discussion lists, or elsewhere) that information can be collected and used by others.
Children Collection and use of information from children in the U.S. under the age of thirteen will be made in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Act of 1998. Specifically, VistaRez will:
- provide parents or guardians with Notice of our information practices;
- obtain prior verifiable parental or guardian consent for the collection, use, and/or disclosure;
- of Personally Identifiable Information from children;
- provide a parent or guardian, upon request, with the means to review the Personally Identifiable Information collected from his or her child;
- provide a parent or guardian with the opportunity to prevent the further use of Personally Identifiable Information that has already been collected, or the future collection of Personally Identifiable Information, from that child;
- limit collection of Personally Identifiable Information for a child’s online participation in a game, prize offer or other activities to Personally Identifiable Information that is reasonably necessary to participate in the activity; and
- establish procedures to protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of the Personally Identifiable Information collected from children.
Notification of Changes
Your Consent To This Agreement
info@VistaRez.com or mail us at:
22 Champions Lane
Austin, TX 78734
Please note that your use of VistaRez Web sites is governed by our Legal Notice. Rev: July 18, 2019. Unless otherwise indicated, this Web Site and its contents are the property of VistaRez.com. The site and its contents are protected, without limitation, pursuant to U.S. and foreign copyright and trademark laws.
PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING OR USING THE SITE. BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SITE AND SHOULD IMMEDIATELY CEASE SUCH USE. VISTAREZ.COM MAY MODIFY THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME, AND SUCH MODIFICATIONS SHALL BE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UPON POSTING OF THE MODIFIED AGREEMENT ON THE SITE. YOU AGREE TO REVIEW THE AGREEMENT PERIODICALLY TO BE AWARE OF SUCH MODIFICATIONS AND YOUR CONTINUED ACCESS OR USE OF THE SITE SHALL BE DEEMED YOUR CONCLUSIVE ACCEPTANCE OF THE MODIFIED AGREEMENT.
- COPYRIGHT AND LICENSES
You are authorized to download one copy of the material on this Web Site on one computer for your personal, noncommercial use only. In doing so, you may not remove or in any way alter any trademark, copyright, or other proprietary notice. Except as allowed in the preceding sentence, you may not modify, copy, distribute, republish, commercially exploit, or upload any of the material on this Web Site without the prior written consent of VistaRez.com. No intellectual property or other rights in and to this Web Site, other than the limited right to use set forth above, are transferred to you.
- USE OF SITE
You understand that, except for information, products or services clearly identified as being supplied by VistaRez.com, VistaRez.com does not operate, control or endorse any information, products or services on the Internet in any way. Except for VistaRez.com identified information, products or services, all information, products and services offered through the Site or on the Internet generally are offered by third parties that are not affiliated with VistaRez.com. You also understand that VistaRez.com cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading through the Site will be free of infection or viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the Site for the reconstruction of any lost data. VistaRez.com offers a search feature within the Site. VistaRez.com explicitly disclaims any responsibility for the content or availability of information contained in our search index or directory. VistaRez.com also disclaims any responsibility for the completeness or accuracy of any directory or search result. In connection with your use of the Site, you agree you will not: YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND THE INTERNET. VistaRez.com PROVIDES THE SITE AND RELATED INFORMATION “AS IS” AND DOES NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENTS WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR NONINFRINGEMENT, OR THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE) WITH REGARD TO THE SERVICE, ANY MERCHANDISE INFORMATION OR SERVICE PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ON THE INTERNET GENERALLY, AND VistaRez.com SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY COST OR DAMAGE ARISING EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ANY SUCH TRANSACTION. IT IS SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND USEFULNESS OF ALL OPINIONS, ADVICE, SERVICES, MERCHANDISE AND OTHER INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ON THE INTERNET GENERALLY. YOU UNDERSTAND FURTHER THAT THE INTERNET CONTAINS UNEDITED MATERIALS SOME OF WHICH ARE SEXUALLY EXPLICIT OR MAY BE OFFENSIVE TO YOU. YOU ACCESS SUCH MATERIALS AT YOUR RISK. VISTAREZ.COM HAS NO CONTROL OVER AND ACCEPTS NO RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR SUCH MATERIALS. VISTAREZ.COM ALSO MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO WHETHER THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE VIA THIS WEB SITE, OR ANY WEB SITE WITH WHICH IT IS LINKED, IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, OR CURRENT. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy and completeness of all information, opinions and other material on this Web Site or any Web Site with which it is linked. Price information is subject to change without notice.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, VistaRez.com and its employees, agents, suppliers, and contractors shall in no event be liable for any claims, charges, demands, damages, liabilities, losses, and expenses of whatever nature and howsoever arising, including without limitation any compensatory, incidental, direct, indirect, special, punitive, or consequential damages, loss of use, loss of data, loss caused by a computer or electronic virus, loss of income or profit, loss of or damage to property, claims of third parties, or other losses of any kind or character, even if VistaRez.com has been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses, arising out of or in connection with the use of this Web Site or any Web Site with which it is linked. You assume total responsibility for establishing such procedures for data back up and virus checking as you consider necessary.
You hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless VistaRez.com, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers and any third party information providers to the Site from and against any and all claims, charges, demands, damages, liabilities, losses, expenses, and liabilities of whatever nature and howsoever arising (including but not limited to any legal or other professional fees and the costs of defending or prosecuting any claim and any loss of profit, goodwill, and any other direct or consequential loss) incurred or suffered by VistaRez.com directly or indirectly by reason of any act or omission which you commit in breach of these terms and conditions and the obligations and warranties contained in them. VistaRez.com reserves the right to release current or past member or Web site user information if VistaRez.com believes that a member’s account is being used to commit unlawful acts, if the information is subpoenaed and/or if VistaRez.com deems it necessary and/or appropriate.
You shall be responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telephone, computer hardware and other equipment needed for access to and use of the Site and all charges related thereto.
- THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS
The provisions of paragraphs 2 (Use of the Site), and 4 (Indemnification) are for the benefit of VistaRez.com and its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers, and any third-party information providers to the Site. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
- TERM; TERMINATION
Either party without notice may terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason. The provisions of paragraphs 1 (Copyright and Licenses), 2 (Use of the Site), 4 (Indemnification), 6 (Third Party Rights) and 11 (Miscellaneous) shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
- SPECIAL ADMONITIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL USE
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules including, without limitation, rules about the Internet, data, email, or privacy. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
- DEALINGS WITH THIRD PARTIES
Your participation, correspondence or business dealings with any third party found on or through the Site, regarding the payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such third party. You agree that VistaRez.com shall not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage or other matters of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings.
The Site may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other Web sites or resources. Because VistaRez.com has no control over other sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that VistaRez.com is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that VistaRez.com shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
This Agreement shall all be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, United States applicable to agreements made and to be performed in the State of Texas, United States. You agree that any legal action or proceeding between VistaRez.com and you for any purpose concerning this Agreement or the parties’ obligations hereunder shall be brought exclusively in a federal or state court of competent jurisdiction sitting in the County of Travis, State of Texas, United States. Any cause of action or claim you may have with respect to the Site must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises or such claim or cause of action is barred. VistaRez.com’s failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between the parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any provision of this Agreement. VistaRez.com may assign its rights and duties under this Agreement to any party at any time without notice to you. Please note that some websites do not add extra person charges to your confirmation so you may have additional charges at check-in. Reservations made thru internet may not be cancelled or changed by contacting the hotel. Cancellations and modifications must be made through booking source.
VISTAREZ STATEMENT REGARDING COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
This Statement Regarding Cookies and Other Technologies (this “Statement”) describes the different types of Cookies and Other Technologies that may be used in connection with the websites and apps (the “Site”) owned or controlled by Advantage Hotels, Inc. DBA VistaRez (“Advantage,” “we,” or “us”). This Statement also describes how you can manage Cookies and Other Technologies.
We may change this Statement at any time. Any changes in this Statement will become effective when we make the revised Statement available on or through the Site.
If you have any questions, please contact us by email at info@VistaRez.com or mail us at:
22 Champions Lane
Austin, TX 78734
OUR COLLECTION AND USE OF OTHER INFORMATION
- Remember your username and password for future visits so that log-in is easier and faster;
- Remember your language and other preferences;
- Ensure you obtain all requested information;
- Provide a safe and secure service for online transactions;
- Track your response to advertisements and website or app content for analysis and the number of times we send you the same advertisement;
- Measure how many people use the Site, and how they use it, so that we may keep it running quickly and efficiently; and
- Help us and others deliver communications and content to you that are relevant and responsive to your interests and location.
Below we explain the different types of Cookies that may be used on the Site.
- Essential Cookies. Essential Cookies are necessary for the Site to work and enable you to move around it and use its services and features. Disabling these Cookies may make the services and features unavailable.
- Functional Cookies. We use Functional Cookies to save your settings on the Site—settings such as your language preference or booking information you have previously used when booking a hotel with us. We also use Functional Cookies to store such things as the last hotel you searched for, so that you can easily find it the next time you visit. Some Functional Cookies are essential to viewing maps or videos on our Site. We also use “Flash Cookies” for some of our animated content.
- Session Cookies. These types of Cookies are stored only temporarily during a browsing session and are deleted from your device when you close the browser. We use Session Cookies to support the functionality of the Site and to understand your use of the Site—that is, which pages you visit, which links you use and how long you stay on each page.
- Persistent Cookies: These types of Cookies are not deleted when you close your browser but are saved on your device for a fixed period of time or until you delete them. Each time you visit the Site, the server that set the Cookie will recognize the persistent Cookie saved on your device. We and others use persistent Cookies to store your preferences, so that they are available for your next visit, to keep a more accurate account of how often you visit the Site, how often you return, how your use of the Site may vary over time and the effectiveness of advertising efforts.
- Advertising Cookiesallow us and other advertisers to show you the most relevant products, offers, and advertisements on the Site and third-party sites, or through emails or other message platforms. For example, some Advertising Cookies help our service providers and other advertisers select advertisements that are based on your interests, including those expressed or inferred by visits to our websites or apps or across other websites, online services, and apps over time. Others help prevent the same advertisement from continuously reappearing for you. These types of Cookies also help us provide you with content on the Site that is tailored to your interests and needs.
As noted below, some Analytics Cookies and Other Technologies are used in part to facilitate advertising.
- Advertising Cookies also include Social Plug-In Cookies. Social Plug-In Cookies are used to share content from the Site with members and non-members of social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest. These Cookies are usually set by the social networking provider, enabling such sharing to be smooth and seamless.
- Analytics Cookiescollect information about your use of the Site and enable us to improve the way it works. These Cookies give us aggregated information that we use to monitor site performance, count page visits, spot technical errors, see how users reach the Site, and measure the effectiveness of advertising (including emails we send to you).
- Other Technologiesmay be used for the same purposes as our Cookies, to allow us and third parties to know when you visit the Site, and to understand how you interact with emails or advertisements. Through Other Technologies, non-personal information (e.g., your operating system, your browser version, and the URL you came from) or aggregate information may be obtained and used to enhance your experience and understand traffic patterns.
Note that, to the extent that information collected through Cookies and Other Technologies constitutes personal information, the provisions in the Privacy Statement apply and complement this Statement. Please note that at this time we do not honor Do Not Track and similar signals.
ONLINE AND MOBILE ADVERTISING; MOBILE APPS
We and third parties engage in interest-based advertising provided by vendors in order to deliver advertisements and personalized content that we and other advertisers believe will be of interest to you. To the extent third-parties are using Cookies or Other Technologies to perform these services, VistaRez does not control the use of this technology or the resulting information for online, mobile, or email advertising, and is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties. Advertisements, emails, and other messages may be delivered to you by VistaRez or its service providers based on your online or mobile behavior (on VistaRez and non-VistaRez sites), your search activity, your geographic location or other information that is collected by us or obtained from third parties. For example, if you go to the Site to book a hotel room, you may later see an advertisement from us when you visit another website. These advertisements may appear on our sites, third-party websites or on mobile platforms. You may also see advertisements for third parties on the Site, other websites or properties, or on your mobile device, based on your visits to, and activities on, the Site, other sites and our apps and third-party apps. Some of our vendors and we may use our own or third-party aggregated or anonymized personal information, demographic data, and other inferred commercial interests to assist in the delivery of our advertisements to you. As stated in our Global Privacy Statement, in some instances we may combine Other Information with personal information. If we do combine any Other Information with personal information, the provisions in the Global Privacy Statement apply and complement this Statement.
We comply with the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising and related DAA Principles and Guidelines.
We and our business partners use third parties to establish deterministic or probabilistic connections among devices (such as smartphones, tablets, and computers) to deliver more relevant advertising to you and for advertising analytics and reporting purposes. This means that information about your use of websites or applications on your current device may be combined with information from your other devices. We also may share this information and other inferences with third parties to allow them to target advertising, personalize content, or analyze behavior. This allows, for example, advertisements you see on your tablet to be based on activities you engaged in on your smartphone.
These business partners may share and combine information from cookies with identifiers (such as device IDs assigned by Google or Apple) and IP addresses to make connections among related devices. This also allows for a more personalized experience across our services and applications. For example, VistaRez may through its vendors match your devices if you log into VistaRez.com on multiple devices or web browsers, or if your devices share similar attributes that support an inference that they are used by the same person or household.
To opt out of our cross-device linking vendors, go to http://www.aboutadvertisements.info/choices and perform a global opt-out on each browser and device that you would like to be opted out on. Opt-out means that the browser on the device from which you opt out will no longer receive interest-based advertisements from information collected on devices linked to it, that devices linked to it will not receive interest-based advertisements based on information collected from the opted-out device, and that the vendor will not transfer data collected from the opted-out device to a third party. If, in the future, we work with cross-device vendors who have a proprietary opt-out, and for whom the DAA opt-out is not effective as described above, we will provide a link to those vendors’ proprietary opt-outs.
MANAGING COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
If you want to remove or block Cookies from your device at any time, you can update your browser settings (consult your browser’s “help” menu to learn how to remove or block Cookies). VistaRez is not responsible for your browser settings. You can find good and simple instructions on how to manage Cookies on the different types of web browsers at http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can also find a good summary of how to manage Flash Cookies at http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
Please be aware that rejecting Cookies may affect your ability to perform certain transactions on the Site, and our ability to recognize your browser from one visit to the next.
You can also control tracking Cookies by installing browser extensions like Ghostery: https://www.ghostery.com/products/
If you want to clean out all of the Cookies left behind by the websites you have visited, here are links where you can download programs that clean out tracking Cookies:
Last Updated: August 2019
Effective Date: August 14th, 2019